Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Firehouse


 

When I have no interest to eat my self-prepared lunch, I always ask Eunice what you bring for lunch today. That’s like giving her a hint that I want to go out for lunch. Almost 90% of our lunch out, we go to Firehouse.

To be honest, I had never ever heard of Firehouse until Joyce introduced it to us. Not to mention the first time when we planned to try Firehouse, Eunice drove back and forth for about 15 minutes and we didn’t find the right place. You can figure out how little we knew about that sub place before.

Ok, to make it short. We go there sometimes, say, about once or twice every month. That’s not the interesting part. The interesting part is what happened today during lunch time. I am tired of eating my own food again so I told Eunice, “Let’s go to Firehouse!” She just went there last Friday by herself but she still decided to go with me.

When we were in Firehouse, as before, I always followed her in the line (lol, by doing that, I only need to say “the same” because we always order the same food.) The cashier is a lady in her 40’s. When Eunice finished her order, the lady said “Ok, Ms. Eunice…blablabla” without even asking her for the name.@_@ I was surprised! She remembered a customer’s name, which is very impressive. Ok, what happened next was even more surprising. She said my name correctly, too, without me giving any clue. I was stunned. You know, this was only the second time I saw her and the first time was almost a month ago.

Later, I talked to Eunice and she said it must be because we come regularly and look very unique (hehe. That’s true, a Chinese and a Kenyan.) Anyhow, I bet what she did can attract more people coming to eat in Firehouse. People all like their names being remembered for sure.

Ah. Btw, go to try Firehouse’s combo 6: Club on a Sub. Very tasty! We are both addicted to it. Of course, I get to eat two pickles every time because Eunice doesn’t like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment