Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I love Intel-Library Loan

Smile I simply love it. For two years, I didn’t even think of reading something. For
one year, when Eunice was still here I asked her to borrow books I want to read
from her school library. Then, when she’s gone I began to wonder whether I need
to begin spending money buying books online. Luckily, it’s a big NO.



One day I talked with our library assistant about books. My
initial thought was to borrow books from our own library. Huh…what can I say? I
searched a book and found a 197x edition. That’s it. Apparently, our library
doesn’t have resources I am looking for. What can you expect too much when your
library has no budget? (Surprise, huh? At least, I feel so. )



Anyhow, out topics changed from books to online resources
and then to Intel-library loan. I was glad that I brought this topic up 'cos
Patty, the library assistant, told me she actually has a list of libraries from
which she can borrow books. Hmm…I never thought this would happen here but am glad
it does exist.



So, now I am reading books from libraries all around America,
from university libraries in Alabama to those in Texas and even Pennsylvania. It feels good to be able to experience information sharing.



Many thanks to Patty!! Open-mouthed

2 comments: