Friday, July 11, 2008

Mamma Mia!


I am looking forward to watching the movie Mamma Mia!, co-starring by Meryl Streep and Pierce Brosnan, two of my favorite actors and actresses.

Forgive my ignorance; I didn't know Mamma Mia till sometime this May (or June?). Tina told me that she would go watching this show in Vegas and my first impression is like……ok……is this one famous?  

I have to accept that I am not a big musical fan, not to mention musical films. Watched Moulin Rouge (2001) and Chicago (2002), loved songs in Moulin Rouge but not those in Chicago, and felt the plot for the first one is ok: at least it's a love story, while the second one is not good: I didn't even finish that one, to be honest. Maybe this can be used as an excuse for my lack of knowledge to the Mamma Mia musical.

You may ask me: Where does your enthusiasm to this movie come from, considering you don't really like this film genre? Ok, let me count the reasons: 1) ABBA's songs; 2) Greece, where the movie is set; 3) Meryl Streep and Pierce Brosnan; 4) their singing and dances; and 5) incredible media coverage on this movie, which proves that advertisement is really effective, at least to me.

Can't wait to watch it, Mamma Mia! in theaters July 18.


No comments:

Post a Comment