Monday, November 19, 2012

Destination Wedding (Maui, HI) Tips - Venue

I was cleaning our desk last night and saw the Kauai helicopter tour receipt and decided to keep it. "I might need it when I write my blog posts about our Hawaii wedding & honeymoon trip this March." That's the reason I gave Alex. He laughed at me for saying it for so many times but never really put it in action. I can find a thousand reasons for why I still haven't done so but here you go. I am finally beginning to write my Hawaii trips. Let's begin with some tips for small destination wedding in Maui, HI.

If you plan to have a destination wedding and by any chance, you plan to have your wedding in Maui, HI. These tips might help you save some money. :)I spent 3 months  on my wedding preparations. Some people feel destination weddings are difficult to handle because you cannot physically be there to check out everything beforehand. I agree with you. To prepare for my wedding, I actually spent a lot of time emailing and calling vendors in Hawaii.

Venue

Our venue is the Gannon's Restaurant in Wailea, HI. Basically, it's a package deal. You can have your wedding ceremony and reception at the same place and can also order your wedding cake there. It suits my situation since I don't have too much time and didn't want to spend too much time contacting different vendors. Here are a few pictures of our wedding ceremony site. It's a small lovely site, not as spacious as it looks like, but was good enough for a small destination wedding like ours. One thing I wanted to point out is that as a bride you will need to march down a slope so do be careful!




The downside of it is the restaurant only offers same menu options for a wedding. There are three options but as long as you choose one option everybody in the wedding reception will be served the same entries. No complain about the food. They were delicious but I did hope that we could order whatever we wanted from the menu. 

No comments:

Post a Comment