Wednesday, April 22, 2009

S-R

In behaviorism, stimulus-response (S-R) is emphasized
by multiple theorists. Here is an example: Dr. Flanagan usually comes in the morning
and says hi to everybody in my department. I always respond by saying morning
to him. So does Eunice.


This afternoon, he came again after lunch break and
said hi. My spontaneous response was “mor…ning”, and then I realized it’s
already afternoon and stopped in the middle. The funny thing is that I am not
the only one who responded this way. Eunice also said “morning” to him,
spontaneously.


What a typical S-R.


4 comments:

  1. You are at a skilled level which does not reuire much of cognitive thinking:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. a good example. you did pretty well in what I call "de-automizing" your automated knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 开始研究心理学啦。

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nay~. Refreshing memory.

    ReplyDelete