Thursday, June 21, 2012

Ghost Chili - Second Try

If you still remember, a few weeks ago, I posted our first-time experience trying a ghost chili. Alex and I were both surprised that the so-called "hottest chili in the world" was not hot at all. After telling my colleague about our experience, he also felt something's not right. So, the next day after our conversation, I found on my desk a bag of chilies - ghost chilies and Thai chilies. The ghost chilies were picked from the same ghost pepper plant which produced the non-spicy ghost chili we tried the first time.

I went home with the chilies and Alex made fried tofu again, with a ghost chili (seeds removed). Everything was the same as last time except this time the whole dish was spicy. I mean, not that spicy for me, but definitely spicy for Alex. He was drinking ice water the whole time when we were having dinner. 

Apparently, the ghost chili will become more spicy when you leave them on the vine a bit longer than normal, say, when they reach their full color.

And, no matter how many times Alex wants to challenge Rui on eating spicy foods he loses.  @_@

No comments:

Post a Comment