Monday, June 4, 2012

Indian Chicken Curry

Last month Alex and I tried an Indian restaurant "The Clay Pit" in downtown Austin. The food was really good in my opinion. We ordered Coriander Calamari as our appetizer and Lamb Roganjosh and Seafood in Garlic & Red Wine as the main entries. The fried calamari might not be the best we ever tried but both main entries were delicious. So was the naan.

After that dinner I began to look for recipes for home-made naans and Alex decided to try making Indian  Chicken Curry. Till today, I haven't made any naans yet (blush~) but Alex did make some delicious Indian Chicken Curry last week. It's actually very easy to make and you can surely try it in your kitchen.

Here is the recipe.

Ingredients: 

1 lb deboned chicken meat cut into bite-sized pieces
1 large onion,finely chopped
1 tomato, finely chopped
olive oil
water
1 package Indian Vindaloo curry spice paste (yeah.we cheated a little bit by using curry spice paste but that's why I say it's very easy)

Steps:

1. Add onion and spice paste in heated oil and let them stir fry for 2 minutes.
2. Add meat and stir fry for 3 more minutes.
3. Add chopped tomatoes and some water and let it boil.
4. Reduce the heat, cover the pan with the lid, and let everything cook for about 15 minutes.

Done! :) You can either serve it with rice or naans. Since I haven't made the naans we could only eat it with rice. D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!


No comments:

Post a Comment